MY SWEET PEA...TEE

Yap, that's her. My little Sweet Pea - Tee!
I know , not so little any more but still mine. Or is she? Hmmmm.... That is the question I have been asking myself lately. As many of you know , she is now married to her high school sweetheart. Yes, It is a good thing. Yet , I can't help feeling a little sad lately as I realize that although she has been living on her own for the last three years, that now she truly has a home of her own, a husband who she takes her worries too first and share's all of her hurts with first, and this is a good thing, right ? "Yes I agree!" We raised her to be independent, safe and happy while away from us. Living on her own. And she is ! But, I miss - TEE........

I miss the little hand that use to hold onto my pinky as we did all things together. I miss laying next to her in her little bed singing " Your are so Beautiful to Me" each night as she would fall asleep, then I would put the little tape into the back of her Teddy Ruxben bear, so that he would keep her company with a story as I tucked her in, kissed her goodnight, turned off her lights. I miss driving all the girls home from school and watching them play softball, wearing pony tails with big ribbons tied into bows yet sacrificing their bodies for the love of the game. I miss the sleepovers and the Friday night sceary movie get togethers.

And then TEE reminds me how much she loves me. Yes, me... her mom, and that she can't wait to come back home for a visit. She wants to see her brother. She wants to see the dogs, our Chicken and Cat. She can't wait to go shopping, something we love to do and after we are done shopping we will go to one of our favorite places to eat, and we have this thing where we order our food and dessert and while we are waiting for our food to come, we eat dessert first....I know, but this is what we do....and it is fun and it is us....then we come back home, sit on the couch, watch movies with our lap tops in our laps. We talk about our favorite blogs, new photos, favorite site's and of course her childhood dog, Dinky sits right at her side. Then I remember that Yes, I miss TEE, but this is Tee's home and there's no place like home......:)


Lisa

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hi Sis, when I read this it reminded me when we were young, sharing a room, sharing our clothes, sharing the big bed we had.... remember when we would take turns rubbing each others arms to fall asleep at night and brushing each others hair... we even did that when we got older. I miss those days, I MISS YOU.....

Love your SIS.....

Carolyn said...

As I read this post, my eyes filled with tears, as a daughter and mother to 3 lovely children, I felt how much you love and miss your daughter, yes whatever life may bring them, they are always here in our hearts and they are truly ours

Blog Widget by LinkWithin