LINEN FRENZY


Nothing New...Simply Old....Mostly a long time love of mine! That would be linens. Not just any linen....But, Vintage Linens!!!! I have searched high and low, far and yes wide. Through swap meets, yard sales, estate sales, antique shops! And through it all, I find myself still dreaming of my long time desire to travel to Paris and visit a Paris flea market, all in hopes of finding linens galore!!!.....O, can't you picture it? Piles upon piles of linens! It would not mattered what kind....clean, dusty, stained, torn, the worse shape the better. For upon arriving home with my cotton treasures, I would soak them for days on end. Not just in soap and water but my very own homemade special soaking solution. Once the magic of the soak took affect. I would lay then out on the grass, in the morning sunshine. For the sun has a way of magically bleaching all linens a natural white, giving then a state of cleanliness. O, and then there is the lovely fragrance of the fresh air that gives them the final seal of approval.......

And somehow through it all I started a business with those beloved linens........That ended up growing beyond the linens......

and toward working with fabrics, felting, vintage images........

Lots of vintage images........


Which found me traveling to Chicago, to meet the ladies of the Country Living Magazine......


Which is also what inspired me to start my blog a few years back.....now that the baby of the family is nearing young adulthood, I found myself pulling away from designing Children' s clothes......and once again seeking out the wonders of found treasures. In the recent weeks I have started selling among other items, my vintage linens on E-Bay! Which I might add is turning out to be a lot fun!!!!! And boy do I have a lot of Linens......


So if you have something in mind......


that you cant seem to find.....


or maybe want to make something like this.....


just ask, I'll probably have it or know how to find it for you!! As for now...me and my helper have a lot of ironing and posting to do.....

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend......Lisa and Mufasa

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin